Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dog portrait


I've been very quiet on the blog front of late so its time to post and show you I am still painting. Time for a change and into pastels. Someone asked me what is my favorite medium and I have to confess I cannot chose between charcoal, pastel, oil or watercolour: they are so different and I find the different effects each produces to be wonderfully exciting in its own right. So, unable to decide, I have to say my favorite medium is whichever I happen to be working in at the time. Is that a cop-out or what!
Normally I find commissions a little daunting, wondering whether or not the result will please the client, but was very happy to accept this one and found it a joy to do. The client was very happy with the result so its off to the framer tomorrow. Thankyou for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment